HTML

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Why Things Run Smoothly With Twins.... Kinda

There are rare occasions when I count down the hours until 830pm. Actually it was only one occasion- yesterday - when the worst teething speed happened and made a super cranky baby upset and her sister who doesn't nap, a little cranky too. 

There's a reason why there's only been one occasion where I have looked forward to bedtime. 
It's this guy. 

The girls call him daddy. I call him my best friend & husband. 

Things run pretty smoothly when he's here. 

I never have to wash bottles. 
I never have to make bottles. 
* Now that we only have to make 12 bottles for the whole day-we can make them all at bedtime. They are good for 24 hours and it works so much easier that way. So, while I do my evening pump- he slaves at the sink! 

I never have to take out the trash. 
* This isn't always true. I often pull out another trash bag if the trash seems to be overflowing. If I absolutely HAVE to, ill remove the trash bag and replace it and put it out on the back porch. Only when things are looking bleak. I never walk it to the curb. 

I never have to put pellets in the pellet stove. 
* Granted, the bags weighs 50lbs and I probably make more of a mess than help. Still- I never have to do it. 

I rarely clean the litter box or do laundry. 
* both of these chores were a big no no when I was pregnant. The cat litter was exclusively a no. And my big ol belly wouldn't let me reach to the bottom of the washer. We are never even close to being caught up on laundry. Nonetheless, I basically only have to do the girls laundry. Which face it- is the main priority around here. As long as I have underwear and sweats of any kind. I don't need anything else! ;) 

He is an amazing daddy. 
* seriously. If I get frustrated- he takes whichever baby ( usually E) and puts her to sleep or listens to her scream for a minute. He loves them. They love him. The way get light up when they see him- makes me melt. He makes them laugh, plays with them, changes them, still hasn't got the bow thing down, but that will come. 

I picked an amazing man to marry and be my best friend and he turned out to be one awesome daddy to these two miracles. 







One of my favorite besides the other black and white one on the couch! My heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment