HTML

Monday, January 20, 2014

My girls are perfect..

I have /had myself so worried about the next two weeks. I'm honestly more worried to have to out Ella through so much testing. I've read a lot about the helmet and I'm praying it's not that bad. 

The more I watch - I 100% feel Ella has great hearing. She has responded to everything. All noises, small coughs, rings, dings, Bells, music,etc. If she doesn't respond right away she is super focusing and Bria usually doesn't hear  it first off either. I'm not thel east bit concerned. I truly want to cancel the appointment but Andrew does have hearing loss so this is a legitimate concern. 

For her helmet. I've been studying and observing her head. It would depend on the degree and I'm truly hoping she doesn't need it, but my guy tells me otherwise. I've researched a little bit and  am hoping we don't have to go full on helmet and can do the DOC bands. We shall see. 

A comment was made to me though that has bugged me. I was told that I didn't have to take any photos or post any pictures of my baby girl in her helmet. Just take pictures during the one hour it can be off.. I replied why. She didn't have an answer. 

This helmet will be part of her life and part of her journey. I'm not embarrassed going through this. It's not my fault. She's a twin, it's common with multiples and her sister was 2 lbs larger than her. She had no room. I had 11.5 lbs of babies in there. Even out side of the womb. We made her lay on her left side. She changed positions at night, she's too strong to stay on her left and immediately rolls to her right. We positioned toys on her left, the TV, her sister. She still preferred her right. As soon as I noticed something we had her enrolled in birth to 3. She's in PT. We are doing all we can. 

Regardless, my girls are perfect. They were made my God for Andrew and myself and they are teaching me skills I never knew I had. They have also taught me the craziest love I will ever know. Everyone said its a different kind of love and it is. I am insanely blessed no matter what and feel blessed that I have not one, but two babies to worry about! 



No comments:

Post a Comment