HTML

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Part 2!

This will be much less boringly detailed as the last post! 

Andrew and I pretty much spent all our free time together. Whether that meant, I sat at his inter mural games or sat through his basketball practices, I did!

Through the years, in X-ray school, I would wait for him at his apartment until he got off at 7.. Just to see him for an hour or two.. 

I knew pretty early that I loved him. On December 31- well could have been jan 1st- not sure of the time.. He told me. Barely. I was getting out of the car to get into mine to drive home and he said I love you. In like the quietest voice ever. I said what? He said it again a little louder. & I said it back, with no doubts or regrets. 

He was actually the one that when i wanted to quit X-ray school because it was hard and not like regular college, told me no. I said but I could quit in time to start the semester back at Fairmont State. He talked me out of it! 

We went through a lot the first two years. I was in the process of finding my birth parents (which turned out to be a nightmare) and she claimed she had people watching me 24-7 so I needed to watch my back, I actually had to take personal time on my 21st birthday and left with Andrew hours away just to make sure she wouldn't so anything rash. Andrews first apartment got flooded with sewer, so we moved him to a 2nd one. That lasted a year until his roommate decided he wanted to save money by living at home. So we moved him back home. Andrew started coaching middle school basketball as well as youth league basketball, he had to deal with the stressors of X-ray school as much as I did. I went to school 5 days a week, even through the summer and still worked 32 hours a week at my Job in the pharmacy. We were only guaranteed to see each other on Sundays after 6pm. He started a new job, changed majors from chemistry to PE (mind you he had 3 classes left for his chemistry degree.. But oh well) 

Honestly, for a 19-21 and 20-22 year old, we went through a lot! (The adoption mom saga could seriously be a lifetime movie). On August 22,2008 Andrew and I went to Canaan Valley and Seneca Rocks. I wasn't prepared to go "hiking". It's right in the heat of summer, and Andrew makes me wear tennis shoes to climb up the rocks. I was already frustrated because I didn't think we were at the right spot to hike up to the top. But- we headed out anyways. Here I was, grumbling and complaining that my newly polished toes were getting ruined and Andrew kept touching me and I was sweaty. I was not a good hiking partner. We soon realized, upon seeing the private property sign, we were not hiking up the right path. We were on the path for the rock climbers. & that pissed me off even more! 😁

 We started to head back down, I was going as fast as I could. Andrew kept asking me to stop walking so fast, take a picture, to me is sounded like wah-wah-wah... He finally told me to stop. Turn around and come and take a picture. I'm normally a picture taking fool- so I  agreed. 


Not my biggest, cheesiest smile. No sooner did I turn around, Andrew was down on one knee. Are you serious? Is all I could say. I literally just ruined what was supposed to be the best day of my life this far. What had I done?! I honestly can't remember everything he said but he opened the ring box and it said,

We met in the past, 
We are here in the present, 
Will you be my future? 

And I bawled like a baby. I don't even think I said yes. :) I pulled him up and just cried in his arms. Half out of pure joy and excitement and half out of-  I'm pretty sure I just ruined this proposal with my sour ass attitude. 


We contemplated waiting two years until Andrew was done with school, but said what the heck. We were in love and could manage on my X-ray tech income (I was set to graduate the next June) 

So we did it, planned a wedding amidst my last year of xray school & studying for boards. I took my boards at 8am the day I was set to graduate and passed with flying colors. Graduated. The next day was my bridal shower. The next few months were spent in pure excitement as we planned the best day of our lives! 

                  Engagement Photos


                        Bridal Shower 
    The gorgeous flowers Andrew sent :) :) 






<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/9693057/?claim=w4eabecjpj4">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment