HTML

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Our Story ❤

I saw some blogs were posting about their weddings. Since our *4* year anniversary is coming up- I thought I would save that post for August 1st! :) 

Andrew and I met actually on high school. I knew who he was, he played basketball, ran track and cross country and did pretty well in all three! I knew of him, but had never spoken to him as we was a year older than me. & oddly I wasn't too interested in dating. I went on a few dates here and there, but just felt awkward and nothing seemed to click. We ended up having high school biology together and never spoke a word to each other! :) 

He went off to college and I was a senior, we both were in separate relationships. Both of us with younger partners! Mine was off/on and his seemed pretty steady. That's literally all I knew about him. I went off to college, broke off my 1st serious relationship during that first year and played the field, I guess you would say. However my first relationship never truly went away. He apparently had broken off his serious relationship that year too. 

Enter Facebook. Where everyone knows your birthday, even if you never say a word. I worked my 19th birthday at Rite Aid Pharmacy and got off at 9pm. I went home to log onto my dial up Internet and checked my Facebook. (There were no 500+ friends at the time. There was college only so I maybe had 50 people say something) & one private message that changed my life! It said "happy birthday cutie!" From a Mr. Andrew Moore :) 

I didn't know what to say back and just replied- "thank ya! Hope you are having a great summer!" I'm not sure when we started chatting through AIM but we did. He visited me at work one day before he left for 3 weeks for his trip to Australia! He left and I immediately felt lonely. I called his cell phone once and left a message knowing he wouldn't get it until he returned. I never got a call back (I now know he never got that voicemail, but at the time I was pretty mad). 

He returned and started moving in with his cousin to an apartment in Fairmont ( out college town). We spoke a few times and he actually asked me out a few times but I always managed to find a reason to say no. I wasn't sure what my issue was, but I was stubborn. 

Eventually I couldn't avoid it any longer, he asked me out for a Thursday. I couldn't I had to work. So I thought- ill suggest Friday, surely a 20 year old college boy has plans for Friday. At least work! He said Friday would work- that he had every Friday off, as did I. I'm not sure if I was more nervous or just unprepared for that answer. I immediately went to my grandmas and said what was I supposed to do?! She said give him one chance. Why can't he have one when you have your last boyfriend like 5? Touché! 

We went out to the movies to see employee of the month and to the local Cracker Barrel, then I asked to see where he lived. I'm not sure why- and he seemed shocked that I asked, but he was nice enough to take me. We walk in and his cousin/roommate- is laying on the couch shirtless. A pretty hilarious moment. After that, he drove me home! Yes there was the first kiss and yes it was pretty great! That was October 6, 2006. 

6 days later- in his kitchen- he "asked me out" after saying for two days he had something to ask me. I may have fell in love that first date, because I didn't want to be anywhere else... 

Part 2 to come later! Ill leave you with our 2006 throwback profile pictures! 




No comments:

Post a Comment