HTML

Monday, July 15, 2013

Big Babies and Different Doctors

To say I was frustrated with the doctors last week- it's now at a new level. 

I will try to calmly explain. I swear- I'm normally pretty easy going. 

We had our ultrasound first off with my fav tech! She said she was wondering when I would come back and she would see me again. There was a student and a resident in there as well which I didn't mind- ill show off my girls/twinsies anytime! You could tell who was who, the resident was explaining twins and scenarios and even said he would be on midnight shift if I ever came in. We were laughing and telling stories and I felt like it was going to be a great day! Baby A/Ella- (who 4 weeks ago was 2.14) is now 4lbs 6 ounces!!! Way to go! Baby B/Bria- (who 4 weeks ago was 3.7) is now 5 lbs 1 ounce!! Insane! I have 9lbs 7 ounces of baby at 32 weeks 6 days! Woot woot! 

We sat back out in the waiting room, counting down the minutes to when we would be taken back. Andrew had to leave my noon, probably should have left sooner! We were taken back at 1130 and checked in. We asked to see our regular NP and she said she would check but I was scheduled with Dr. Holls..... Again. They guy who was in there for 2.5 seconds. 

We waited and waited. 12 pm rolls around and Andrew had to leave. :( 

Which was harder than I thought.. I shed a few hormonal tears and about 15 minutes later, a woman doctor I have never met walked in. 

She seemed nice and kind of answers my questions. Until we talked about delivery, she said max they would let me go was 39 weeks?! Um. No. I said for twins?! She said oh, well twins would be sooner. Okkkkk. Since that's what I am having is twins- lets chat about that. -__-

She talked about vaginal vs. c section and kind of acted like I had an option, but I'm still not 100% sure. She then brings in Dr Holls who reviews my glucose levels. Mind you- I called in last week with my readings, my regular NP said they were okay (mainly checking my fasting). Since then, my fasting has been under 95- but now all of the sudden- I need medication.. Another -___- 

With medication comes twice a week appointments. And they want to pick what days I come. Well- I work. And I was told my dr would be here on Mondays so I specifically request Mondays off. And now this dr tells me- no she's here on Tuesdays. Next Tuesday. I said there is no way. I emailed her and she told me she would be there the 22nd which is Monday. Someone is lying. 

Apparently the scheduler left and I could tell the dr was frustrated having to work around my work schedule- so she told me she would call. Which she didn't. Thankful for my wvu chart that tells me when I am scheduled. She already didn't listen to me and scheduled me for Friday morning and now I have to have someone work for me. 

I feel totally passed around. I am dying to see my regular doctor and get a clear picture as to what is going on. 

Besides this little bump, the girls are super healthy and Bria definitely had hair!! Yay! Coming from a baldie (me) I'm pumped! It's getting more real that in less than one month- I will be a mother to twin baby girls. I was talking to my sister earlier who called and asked what I was doing. I said watching tv- alone (since I'm already missing my husband). She said this will be your last time alone. & she is right. Andrew is home 24-7 besides this conference this summer and with these babies- I will never be alone! How amazing is that to think about?! 

I love that thought! *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment