HTML

Monday, June 17, 2013

I'm 28 Weeks+6 & Carrying 6lbs 5 ounces of BabIES

Oh my goodness. 

Here I was.. Just hoping they each weighed about 2lbs 8 ounces (the average for my dating) & I was glad to hear Baby A was 2 lbs 14 ounces- only 2 ounces off of 3 pounds... Score! 

Then the ultrasound tech is like ohh Baby B is a big baby! I said yea Shes been bigger the past couple times- by 2 ounces. She then said- she's really long too! We come from tall families (well my bio dad was tall and his sister is tall for a girl- that's all I really know about me). She takes all her measurements and says Baby B is 3 lbs 7 ounces! I about died! 

6 lbs and 5 ounces of baby at basically 29 weeks! No wonder my stomach looks like a road map and feels like I'm 40 weeks (even though my MFM says I'm measuring 33 weeks)- it feels huge! 

I immediately got nervous- even though I know they don't share anything. I kept thinking about TTS. We had to sit back out in the waiting room- no word on As feet except she couldn't see them blah blah. We had a different ultrasound tech and I didn't really feel comfortable asking her her opinion, so I just pray I get my regular one next time! 

My MFM is super sweet and thorough. She said she wouldn't be concerned just yet about the girls growth differences. Normally if one baby is bigger, the other is much smaller than anticipated. Baby A is above average as well! So no concerns there. She went over my blood sugar and said only a few were high. So I am not officially diagnosed with GD but I do have a consult with the diabetes education center on Monday.. To go over diet. She gave me some tips in the meantime and I am to call her next week with my readings. 

I was initially supposed to have a regular OB appt on Wednesday and thankfully they all thought it was ridiculous twice in one week so I don't have to go! My blood pressure was good at 122/80! Highest the bottom # has been but they of course take your blood pressure as soon as you make the trek back to the room! ;) 

Overall it was a great day! We ate lunch at Applebee's as this will prob be the last time I can eat there after having to keep track of my carbs after next week!  Ill stick to salads and sandwiches I guess! 

Here's the 3D pictures I got of the girls today. A is too far head down to get a great one- 


So I compared it with our awesome 3D pic of A from last time: 

Talk about cuties! :) A looks dainty and B is definitely a chunker!

I am still amazed at what my body is capable of! Blessed!!!! ❤

No comments:

Post a Comment