HTML

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

& So It Continues!

Oih!

As usual, I see the dr on CD 10 to check my follicles after taking Femara. I knew something was different this cycle. Normally when I go, I am told my follicle is huge, about to release& that I should ovulate that night. That day, my OPK is dark, I feel bloated and crampy and ta-da, I ovulate! Which is amazing for me since I wasted such a long time! However, today was different. I knew it before I went in. I told my husband, something is different or something is wrong. My test line isn't even close to being dark.. I was so nervous for bad news!

Today I saw 6 follicles, with one mature one.. I hope that's a good thing! I have never seen more than one! I was told my mature follicle is 15mm & my lining was looking good, but will thicken. I should ovulate in the next 3-4 days. Sounds good right?!

Then he says, we will start Ovidrel, a shot. Now, I am assuming my body reset itself and my short cycles are no more. I just can't wrap my head around why he is so suddenly prescribing the shot now, when I got pregnant without it?! Maybe because I have more than one follicle or maybe because normally it's too late, and my follicle is about to release? I have no clue and I am forcing myself NOT to use Google!

When asking my doctor (who I love and adore) why my cycle is all of the sudden is the "norm", he said sometimes we just don't question why. We just don't. Makes sense, I still have no clue why I don't ovulate but have a cycle, and my cycle is 21 days long? Or was, I can say that now I guess.

So now, I wait.. Kind of. My calendar is filled with med dosage, dr appts, when to pick up and give my shot, when to start and stop my suppositories (yay-sarcasm). Now, I am not complaining by any means, but I just am amazed at the journey we have to take I order to be able to experience pregnancy.. To experience our baby kick, to feel the excitement of finding out the gender, having a baby shower, to experience labor.. And all the joys of having a little one!

I pray everyday. I need to continue to pray for understanding as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment