HTML

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Not to toot my own horn, but.....


I'm proud of myself. 

I don't say that very often, but I am. For multiple reasons. 

#1- I was pregnant with twins with gestational diabetes, intense vomiting & nausea, PUPPs rash, and awful swelling and I worked up until 4 days before delivering these girls! 4 days!!! I worked 12 hours at a time up until 36 weeks 3 days! There at girls I know that were pregnant with singletons that quit around 20 or so weeks. 

#2- I delivered the girls vaginally, 58 minutes apart. Everytime someone hears that- they are like oh! 58 minutes! Wow! yes- wow. And to top it off, my epidural wore off on my left side for Bria's birth. 

#3- We stayed in the hospital 6 days, where I started breastfeeding. Neither girl was gaining enough weight. So I made the decision to pump. 

Which brings us to #4- I pump for my girls milk. It sucks. Bad. I want to quit all the time, but I don't want to give up on it just because it's inconvienent for me. 

#5- I have no help. Let me rephrase that- my parents watch the girls when I'm working. When I'm off- it's just me-- momma. Everyone finds this crazy. You don't have help? You do it by yourself? Ummm yep! After the visitors stated wearing down when they were around 2 weeks old, I got a routine down. My MIL even said I am surprised by you- I thought you would need more help than this? (Ummmm.. Thanks I think?) 

I don't want to brag, it's what I have to so & I love it! Sure I get frustrated from time to time when I haven't showered, ate or even peed because I've been feeding, changing, playing or putting the girls to sleep- as long as the hubby doesn't mind a non- showered, starving, semi cranky wife! 

No comments:

Post a Comment