HTML

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

A Day In The Life of 14 Week Old Twins

So. This post was a long time coming to decipher  exactly how far we have come and how our world has been changed since I started back to work. 

The girls may or may not wake up. Yes. Once they slept through the night and didn't get up until 6am. Lately with this dumb time change, it's been more like 2:30am, today it was 3:45. We change them, feed them 3 ounces, burp them and back to sleep they go. 

Work Days- they usually get up once more since I leave at 7:00am to make it to my moms. Sometimes they don't. If they still seem sleepy, I try to leave earlier on an effort to make it to my moms before they wake up and realize they are freaking starving! I however, wake up at 6:00am. I immediately boil water for then travel warmer, make usually 8 bottles- 4 each. And then wash any bottles front the night before. I finish packing the diaper bag, my work bag and then finish getting ready- which usually includes make up, straightening of the flyaway pieces in my ponytail, and putting on my scrubs. We take the car seats into their room and put them in there. Andrew helps me out to their car and we are on our way to Nanny and Pappys! I drop them off and try to leave around 730 to get to work on time! 

Who knows what they do at moms. Probably a whole lot of eating and playing and little sleep but they are being cared for very well. Andrew gets off work at 3:30-3:35, and calls me as he heads down to pick them up. He is with them until 8:40 when I get home (their fussiest time). By the time i get home, I get to play with them for 10-15 minutes and then by then they are super hungry. So we either bathe or feed and fresh pjs, warm milk and bed! After they are in bed, I make bottles, usually 8, wash bottles, pump and shower! 

When I don't work,  I feed them whenever they wake up. I don't wake them I let them wake on their own. So usually around 7:00am, then 9:00-9:30am. During that time, I usually make bottles, wash bottles, pump, throw dinner in the crock pot, do dishes, and clean the kitchen. The girls usually go back to sleep for one more hour or so. & then they are up for smiles and playtime!they are so happy in the morning! They play for maybe an hour, sometimes they nap but usually I need to squeeze in one more feed before they do that. Nap time lasts anywhere from 1-2 hours. Another feeding around 1:30-2pm and more playtime until they get cranky and they nap again. At that time Andrew is home and they eat around 430-5, and we do lots of playtime. By 7 they are really for a nap again, honestly I wonder if we could out them to bed then and get them up to eat at 10ish.. But we don't. We let me nap until 845-9ish. Bath, bottle and then bed. Then they are up anywhere from 230-430.. And repeat! 

My Bri!! 

My Ellie! 

These totally make me cry! Well, almost anyways. We must be doing something right as we have THE cutest babes around! Can't wait to support their handsome daddy at his alumni game this Saturday!!!! 

This was at Nanny & Pappys earlier this week! 
At least someone is getting use out of my twin breast friend pillow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment