HTML

Friday, September 26, 2014

Day In the Life: 13 months



4:00 am- Ella whines for her binky- she's clearly asleep but usually can't find her binky on her own.

540am- Ella whines for her binky again. Pop it back in. Bria immediately starts crying. Sometimes she will fall back asleep, sometimes not. 

Today she didn't. Andrew brought her in. Usually they both just wake up, but Ella was pretty sleepy still. We play in bed until 6am and then it's up for everyone and diaper changes! (If it were a day I worked I would be up at 5:30)

6:10 warm up their morning bottle. Andrew is in the shower, I feed the girls their bottle. Ella is in my lap, Bria is on the boppy. Watching Octonauts. After they are done, Ella runs around the upstairs. Andrew made breakfast for himself so we go downstairs around 6:30. 

Downstairs, the girls help him eat his pop tarts. He goes upstairs to finish getting his things ready for work, packing his lunch, etc- then he makes three girls breakfast. 
715- Today it was bananas and chocolate chip waffles which I'm beginning to think they don't like. Daddy has left and it's just us girls! 

A lot of playing or keeping the girls occupied happens. 

800am- change diapers and a small snack. Bria left me her morning surprise. Ella hasn't yet. 
Craziness ensues. 
830- Bria starts to get fussy. We start the trek upstairs. I ask if they want to take a nap, they crawl to the baby gate and crawl up the stairs! 

835- everyone is in bed and quiet! 

This is the time I usually should eat but I don't. I need to get everything ready for the day. We usually try to get out once a day. Especially since it will be winter here in a few short months. This is imperative. I pack my backpack. Sippys, diapers, wipes, snacks. Oops! Out out a lot of snacks today so a little trip to Walmart is in order. 
I fix the flyaways on my pony tail, out on fresh make up, contacts and try to decide what to wear. I recently dyed my hair. Terrrrrible idea. It looks awful and my hairdresser can't fit me in until Wednesday. So I've been living with pony tails for the past week. Only a few more days left! Like 5 ugh! 

920- Finally- I can sit down for a minute. 

This is the time I can pay bills, work on my photography or do homework. I just submitted an exam last night so I don't want to start a new lesson and only have a few minutes to work on it and all the bills are paid, so I get to relax. I drink my usual diet coke (yes I know- im not a coffee drinker and this is a must to get through the day!) 

10:00am girls are awake like clockwork! 

She hides her face until she can see me! 

1005: Diapers changed and clothes changed too! 

We play upstairs for a little while. 

1010-1030 trying to fold laundry with a leech attached to my side 

1030: We went down the stairs and everyone put on their shoes. Both girls can say shoe and Ella usually backs up and will sit on My lap. We count shoes. I say one and they say two. I carry Bria out and Ella walks out the door. Strap Bria in and run to get Ella who has walked behind the car out of my sight. Luckily she is still in the driveway and not in the main road. 

By 1037 we are in the car and ready to go! 



1050- We go to Walmart for cheesies, string cheese, snacks for the girls and a gift for my Papaw who turned 81 yesterday. Mums and cookies! I forgot my disposable shopping bag again so I had to buy a new one. 


1122:  We are in the drive through, once a week we go to Burger King and visit my Mamaw and eat lunch there. Today we have to take Papaws birthday gift to him. 
Papaw does see me pull in so he helps and grabs Ella, thankfully since I have our lunch, his gifts and Bria already in my hands. 

The girls LOVE playing there! After they eat their lunch- it's PLAY time! 

Chicken fingers still in hand. These girls could eat all day long. They usually do.

My favorites. 

1:00 pm- change diapers Bria first,  Ella has ran into the kitchen and found the cat food and water and spilled the water everywhere. Grrreeeeaaat. 
I clean that up and drag Ella into the living room to change her diaper. 
Clean up the mess we made while the girls are in the kitchen with Mamaw and Papaw. I grab the shoes, bag and trash and go to the kitchen.  Sit down, Ella comes over to put her shoes on. Done. 

Bria crawls over. I put her shoes on only to realize I smell poop. It's 115 at this point.

Change Bria's diaper in the hallway. Ella comes over to see what's going on, makes a face and walks away. 
Finally ready to go. 

1:20pm - Packed and in the car. 
We literally live one minute away. 

122: Home and inside! We push a few stools around. 
Watch a minute of Doc Mcstuffins and it's naptime! 

133: Girls are in bed! 
I plug in my camera battery remembering I'm taking some pictures tonight. 

135-205- finish folding laundry, putting it away and hanging It up. Track has not moved since we left at 1030! Must be nice. I'm over here sweating. AC on please! 


205: My sister calls to FaceTime. Forgetting the girls are napping. I entertain Lylah for a few. I think I'm her favorite. 

210- start a new load of laundry that I'm sure I will forget to put in the dryer (mom brain I guess??)  even though the load only takes 57 minutes. 

220- frantically searching for my favorite loaded baked potato recipie. Of course I'm certain the one I pinned on Pinterest wasn't it. Search and search. Looks like that's the only one without sour cream and heavy whipping cream. Must be it!

230- Start dinner (loaded baked potaoe soup, grilled cheese)- by cutting up potatoes. I had just enough!  Whew! 

242- Start unloading the dishwasher. It NeVER fails when I do dishes someone wakes up. So at this point they have had 1 hour and 15 minutes of sleep so if one wakes up they should be good to go. 

245: Bria wakes up! I knew it!!! I desperately need to get a 2nd sound machine. I bring her out and realize I left the girls snacks in the car. We walk to the car, get snacks and leave Bria with the entire bag of cheesies, so I can finish the dishes and she feels like a big girl for eating out of the bag! 

Dishes are  being washed in the dish washer. Of course the pan I need is in there. I pause the cycle. Take it out. Wash by hand. 

3:00pm- Ella is awake. Go get her bring her out. She starts to throw a mini fit until she sees cheesies. All is well. 

Fresh water and ice In their sippys.  
Potato Soup on the stove
 
325- Girls are playing on the couch and reading 

330- Andrew calls. I put it on speaker. Ella immediately takes the phone and runs away. I year him yell I'll see you when I get home. 

345- Daddy is home! Momma is trying tofinish  the potato soup and the girls are trying to open every drawer possible!

They start getting fussy so dad brings up the walkers so I can finish. 


400: he takes over doing grilled cheese so I can change diapers. I was going to change them earlier but Ella kept squatting every few minutes so I knew she was working up a big poo. 
I chase her into thebedroom and change her stinky diaper. 
I come back out and grab Bria to change her diaper. 

422: We are all outside eating dinner. Its a little early dinner for us but since I have to take pictures later this will have to do. Plus I had an early lunch. 
 
450- we are changed and playing on the porch. 


I want to get a few pics of the girls too when we are there,,, they want no part of that. Dad walks Ella back home during the session. 

515: photo session. Daddy on duty 

620: photos done & we are playing in the yard. 

The girls are helping pushing the stroller.

650: we stop at the neighbors and drop off some baby food my grandma had for their granddaughter. 

7:00: String cheese as a snack before bed. 

705:bath - I bathe the girls, I already set out a towel, 2 diapers, desitin and monkey pjs. Andrew warms the bottles. I've gotten really fast at bathtime. Makes me laugh being afraid to bathe them by myself. 
715: Bottle- the girls both down 6 ounces of whole milk. 

720: Bed. I take Ella into bed and Andrew carries Bria. 

I immediately start cleaning up the upstairs. Then I Grab my camera and hard drive and head down stairs. I like to edit on my desktop because I prefer Lightroom version 3 and my laptop has the newest one. I connect my camera and start transfering all 389 pictures. 

In the meantime, while that's loading I throw the clothes in the dryer!! Yay! Only 5ish hours later! & I start cleaning the downstairs. Pick up all their toys, put them in their places, etc. 

735- Time to start editing. 



935- Finally done. Time to head upstairs and get ready for bed! 

Clothes changed. Contacts out. Melatonin taken. All lights off. In bed under two blankets! 

Thank goodness it's my turn to sleep in tomorrow! :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment