HTML

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Could anything ELSE go wrong?

So I blame myself. Although I'm a perfectionist so that doesn't help! 

We booked this location with the help of a friend. I thought how cool for a swim party! So my friend from work is the sister in law to the manager at the Wingate hotel. We got the conference room and pool for $35 from 12-6!  I thought how awesome!! 

We didn't go there and preview it. I trusted the conference room would be more than sufficient. Uh no. Tiny isn't the word to describe it. I cried. It's like as big as my bedroom. Okay. Maybe bigger but it was suppppper small. 

I felt awful because my friend from work was with me and she felt bad and I didn't know what to do. I started begging the manager if the was anything else available. Nothing. 

So I went into full on freak mode. I cried to Andrew, to my sister, to myself. I begged for something else and if course there was nothing. 

So I started unpacking my car. I opened the door and my beautiful precut strawberries took a huge dump in he car- on the ground, down the seat and all over the floor. Great. 

I started rearranging the tables and we used all he tables and chairs and were were about 20 (maybe 15) chairs short. Which was true. Once everyone arrived. Fml. The food table was too small for my punch or water dispenser. 

I printed out 16x20s which is what I assumed my frames were. They were not. Photos too big. 

The cake people arrived. The birthday banner with their names on it fell off and broke on the way over. Seriously?!? 

It was embarrassing. Once people started to arrive I realized we didn't have near enough chairs! Like off by 15. I wanted to die. Ella wouldn't eat- she was cranky. Still fighting that ear infection. 

She didn't want down, but didn't want to be held. I changed her diaper- that made it worse. Just brutally unhappy. My poor dad had to hold her during the opening gifts because she was so cantankerous. 

Finally she was okay once we ate cake! Where Kayleigh started bawling because she didn't get any! Oih! 

It was a cluster F, thank god the air conditioning was working full blast! I was mortified. I went to pay at the end and they wouldn't let me pay!! Oh no. Oh no. They only let the mean people not pay! 

I was frustrated. It was a cluster.  Beyond. But the girls had a good time and it was decorated nice. 

Here's the only pictures I got! 


No comments:

Post a Comment