HTML

Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Day In The Life of 5 Week Old Twins!


I feel like I need to update, but since all I do is pump, feed the babies, change diapers, wash and make bottles and do dishes- I'm not sure what to update. So I should do a Day In The Life of 5.5 week old twins! 

First feeding of the night is at 1230-130. Anywhere around that time. We usually feed the girls their last bottle of the previous day at 9 and in swings/bed by 930. 

I should pump then, but I don't. We change and feed both girls and usually Bria has pulled a #2 while eating so Andrew changes her again. Then, back to sleep. 

Next feed is anywhere from 330-430. Same scenario. Except I pump. I make myself sit there until I get at least 8 oz. if I'm going strong still- I wait until I'm dry. 

Andrews alarm goes off at either 645 or 7.. Depending - and that's when at least one of them is ready for their bottle. Usually Ella. I feed her or both.. 

Then between the hours of 8-930am I pump, which takes at least 20-30 minutes. (I try to eat while pumping). 

Wash bottles
Make bottles
Load or unload the dishwasher
**in the meantime, the girls are super grunty and I have to run in and out of the bedroom like 10 times. 

Finally around 930/10 they are ready to eat again. Sometimes I can get them back to sleep, sometimes not. I change their pajamas into clothes. And if they are awake- I let them stretch out and play I the floor. Ella and Bria may drift off for about 1/2 hr but by this time- one is eating when one is sleeping. It's good and its bad. Good- I don't have a crying, screaming baby putting pressure on me to make the other baby finish their bottle and burp. Bad- one is always up. 
Sometimes I can get lucky and get them to nap together, sometimes not. Around 1- they are ready for another feeding. This time they usually stay up for an hour or so. 
Sometimes I get to eat sometimes not... 

By 330-4pm- Andrew is home! Thank god! Although he normally naps so it really doesn't make a difference. But-- it's time for another feeding. This time they usually have a good nap. I try to get a good pump here.. 

6/7pm another feeding.. I finally get to pump again! Then before their 9-930 feeding we start bedtime bath! I eat somewhere in between there and sometimes I don't! I forget a lot of times! 

The repeat!! I'm getting used to it by myself. I only had help on Tuesday this last week and it was nice- I got to go to Walmart!

It's not glamourous- I rarely get to shower. Don't judge. Definitely don't get to straighten my hair! But I will surely miss this when I have to return to work on October 1st! :( Waaaahhhhh.. 


We tried out the moby! Bria didn't like it the first time- she was super hungry! The second time was much better but I think I had it too loose! I should carry it around with me!! I totally could have used it at Walmart today! 

Here are my stylish little ladies! Love them! 


Ready for Brooklyn and Eyan's soccer game! 


Mommy Double babying it! 

Daddy double babying it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment