HTML

Saturday, November 29, 2014

It is Enough..

I feel like there is a lot of pressure to be perfect and great at being a mon. Especially to twins. & ***especially after infertitly.. 

Because- we ASKED for it.. Right?! 

That's truly a whole different topic in itself. 

However, with social media, the ability to take a peep into someone's life that you don't even know- is great. In some ways- especially when TTC it was a lifesaver. I have made lifelong friends and built relationships with people I haven't even MET.. & I am beyond thankful. 

There are others that you follow for fun. Twin moms and their lives are different than singletons. It's like a club. A stressful but amazingly exhausting club. (On Instagram specifically) - you follow them I their lives and get a "peep" I to their lives. Their perfect, best dressed, brand rep, perfect hair, makeup and custom clothes. & I know- it's not always like that. It's not always peaches and roses and rainbows. But you can't help but compare. 

Why. Can't I get just ONE picture of my girls together both looking in the same direction. Forget- smiling and perfectly dressed in personalized clothing and huge bows. I mean Ella does nothing you want her too and hates to wear a headband usually. Let alone sit by her sister for a picture. I mean. Come on.

How. How do these people afford it. Their girls wear super cute custom clothes and pajamas pants that have their name written all over it?! I mean- is that even real? Their bows to match every outfit that another IG shop is tagged in. We have to buy double. Two of everything. The mom usually doesn't work & they have all these specialized clothes (x2). I looked up a shirt one time. $34 a piece!!!! She had two girls and two shirts! $68 is more than my water bill a month. Are you joking?! && I work fulltime!! 

When. When do they have the time to make dinner, do their hair, get dressed and clean their house. I shower at night and don't blow dry. Usually don't straighten it in the morning. My clothes don't fit right anymore and there's not money in the budget to buy for my Mommy body (which is another topic. No time to workout. Or eat right. No lie- I'm lucky to scarf down my fiber one bar in the morning without two grubby fingers wanting their share). & my house is constantly messy. Always. I can't remember a time when it was super clean. Oh. Yes I do. May 2014 when I hired a cleaning lady once. & how I miss her so. I've been meaning to call her back. But who has the time? 

Where. Going all these fun places (hair, makeup and clothes done up for all 3, mommy and twins). I can barley change my clothes before leaving the house and a lot of days I don't and wear my pajamas. & the girls did look presentable 10 minutes ago before they found he cheesies and have orange in their faces, shirts and have ripped out their hairbows. 
Now, with Ellas for throwing a fit. I definitely can't leave. 

The point of this all is how much pressure you feel as a mom to post your crafts and Perfect lives and activities. You need to be fit. And skinny. I mean- I had kids 15 months ago. I should be thin by now. Right? & I should have time between my fulltime job, daily life of kids and husband and school- that I could clean and dress well. 
No. Everyone is different and all circumstances are acceptable. I need to listen to this. Some sort of comparison runs through my head everyday now that I'm a mom.. Especially to twins. And especially after infertility. 






No comments:

Post a Comment