HTML

Saturday, May 3, 2014

3rd nap?!

So it never fazed me that their 3rd nap should be dropped. I texted my friend who had twins that are 1.5 months older than our girls and hers still take a 3rd nap so I thought we were still good. 

Once I started reading up on it, I realized this probably should have happened oh, 1.5-2 months ago. Says 5-8 months. Seriously. We are 8.5 months and still going strong. 

But lately- nighttime has been the worst. We are up with one or both babies rocking them back to sleep for HOURS! We blamed it on Ella's ear infection at first and maybe rightfully so, but this habit hasn't changed. So I started looking into our schedule. Apparently that's the problem. There are days Ella would wake up from her 3rd nap at 530/6. But she never had a problem going back to bed at 745/8 so I never thought that was an issue. 

I started looking into schedule suggestions and one suggested not to go to take a nap after 4, latest they could sleep would be 420. How about everyday we went down for a nap at 4. I was shocked. 

So Thursday after being up since 245 rocking babies, I knew something had to be done. I had my mom write down their naps. I decided we were going to try the 2,3,4 method. Except we were going to try 2.5,3,4. 

Wake time. Up for 2.5 hours. Nap. Up for 3 hours nap. Up for 4 hours bed. 

Thursday Ella was struggling 
But we did it. I had to put them to bed by myself at 7 and it took a little rocking because she was overtired. 

Ella did pretty well that night. After Bria woke her up from screaming bloody murder at 800-- Only waking  around 345, rocked her to sleep (took about an hour though) and the Up at 630.

Bria in the other hand was so confused. Up at 8-830, up at 9, up from 11-130am, up from 345-530am. Finally up at 630. 
It was super rough. 

Friday our schedule went. 
630 wake
700 bottle
900/915 nap
1030 wake & veggies
1100 bottle 
*** it was then I realized I was doing the regular bottle schedule and I needed to change it up. 
115 bottle
130 nap
300 wake
400 bottle 
600 fruit or veggies and some puffs 

645 bath, bottle
7-715 bed 

Bria was having a rough time with the 4 hour stretch. 
This was 545, thanks to Ella's incessant scream talk and puffs B made it to 7! 


Bria did ok. Up around 945-10 rocked her back to sleep. Then up twice die to Ella's screaming. Rocked her to sleep both times.

Ella was up at 1am- 330am. Screaming, playing, etc. Back up at 430-5am screaming. Andrew finally rocked her to sleep and they both fell asleep in the living  room until 630. I woke Bria up at 7 so they would be on similar schedules. 

This morning- Ella was exhausted by 850. She was in bed by 9. Bria was in bed by 915 for a nap & she's already back up, I'm currently trying to rock to her sleep for another 15 minute snoozer. 

I'm being brutally honest here but I feel like a failure. I've clearly done something wrong to get these awful sleepers. 

Regardless they are super adorbs. 

This was them this morning.. Too happy for no sleep! 




No comments:

Post a Comment