HTML

Monday, April 28, 2014

Life of 8 Month Old Twins

I haven't blogged in a while because like is super super crazy. My husband is a track coach which basically means I see him as we leave out the door for the day and enough to put the babies to bed together about 3-4 days a week. Its exhausting. I'm exhausted. He's exhausted. We have survived our 1st ear infection. Ella seems to be pretty much over it! Praise The Lord. It was a rough 3 weeks. 

Ive been having a hard time lately by myself because they are particularly needy lately and it's only one of me. I feel this way a lot by myself. It doesn't help that usually I have relief and the weekends to be a family and Andrew is gone Saturdays and I work Sundays. 

Anywho- 

Wake time is anywhere from 6-730am. 730 is like a blessing. It's rare. Usually 630-7. We change diapers, eat and play upstairs. It's SUPER hard. Ella is all over the place. In the kitchen, near the stairs, etc. You cannot control her. Which is hard. I hate to go downstairs but I think I'm going to have to start. They play and play and play. Less than 2 hours after they get up- they are dying for a nap. And so am I. I don't nap- I just lie down: seriously no pumping is amazing!

So that's around 830/9. Usually Ella sleeps 1.5 hours or so. Bria sleeps maybe an hour. If I can I hold her and she sleeps a tad longer until Ella gets up. Sometimes if she looks refreshed I go ahead and take her downstairs. During their nap I prepared their stuff downstairs. Bottles, sippys, new clothes and their food is downstairs for the day. I start on Bria first, and usually Ella wakes up during. I go grab her and we eat. Then bottles. I'm getting pretty stinking good at feeding them both at once. Ella lays on the boppy and basically holds her own bottle, and I hold Bria and she watches TV. It works and no one is waiting to eat. Naptime usually comes quickly then after they play.
Around 1ish it's time again. I eat and they are awake by 2/230. Another bottle and more Micky mouse clubhouse. Alllll day long. There's a lot of playing during this stretch. A lot. A lot of falls, whines and cries. We have been using puffs to keep them quiet. Nap again 4/430 which is much shorter. Prob 1/2 hr- 45 minutes. Bottle at 5-530. And playing until 7pm. 

At 7- we get out the space saver high chairs (worth the $$$) and eat a jar of whatever each. They love veggies but have started really enjoying their fruits as well. We offer a sippy but they aren't huge fans. Bria doesn't mind the water- Ella makes a terrifying face. Then if it's bath night they roam around nakie until then. If it's not bath night I put on their pjs.

At 730, upstairs for bath, bottle and bed. Ella usually doesn't need rocked. Bria does. 

That's it. They have been terrrrible at night lately so this schedule will and is changing, but I'll leave that for another post. Seeing as this took me, oh- a week to write. 


Penny outfits from the DG!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment