HTML

Thursday, May 8, 2014

CIO with Twins

Crying it out with twins. 

I cannot believe I just typed that. 

Like I stated before- I was never opposed to CIO before pregnancy. That we as before I had twins. Before the realization of making one twin cry while the other was trying to sleep. Impossible, right?? 

We started this method Monday night. After getting next to NO sleep Sunday night, I knew something needed done. I work until 8pm Monday and Tuesday nights 12 hr shifts- so I don't get to put them to bed. I live exactly 31 minutes away (according to my creepy Iphone) from work so keeping them up is not an option. 

Andrew put the girls to sleep Monday night. Both went right to sleep. Bria was basically out when Andrew fed her. My parents wear them out daily. About 245, the time I dread. Bria starts screaming bloody murder. I go in and put her binky in. More incessant screaming ensued. It got louder and worse. I was dying inside. I cried so hard. I was kicking, throwing my head down, in the living room, bathroom, on the bed, on the living room floor, couch. It was bad. I don't think I've cried this much since our miscarriage. 

Bria wouldn't stop. 20 minutes. Checked. Made it worse. 35 minutes (I couldn't last another 20). Still worse. I was dying. She was looking up at me like why are you doing this to me. It broke my heart in a bajillion pieces.  

Finally- at 400am I caved. I picked up Ella and Andrew picked up Bria and within minutes of cuddling- they were asleep. Slept until 630. 

Tuesday night- Andrew put them both down. Ella went to sleep. Bria whimpered for a little bit (Andrews generic term) and fell asleep. I also worked that night so who knows the exact time frame, etc. 

Wednesday- the girls fell asleep by themselves with little or no trouble for their naps. Bedtime- we bathed yesterday. So we put them both down, they cried and cried and cried. We went back in and out binkys in and I gave them both a toy. More crying. I took a shower and then laid outside on the desk for 10 minutes. I came back in and heard that the crying was no longer Bria's. It was Ella. B was fast asleep. I laid Ella down and put her binky in and she fell asleep too! About 30 minutes total of crying. And ya know what? They slept allllll night. I got up a few times for binkys but I cannot say how proud I am! 

2nd night in a row! I'm so pumped. I hope this is a trend. 




No comments:

Post a Comment