HTML

Monday, October 21, 2013

Yep.. I'm THAT Mom...

I'm a worrier. Always have been, always will be. I worried when we were TTC, both times we were pregnant and now even more as a mother. Early in pregnancy, they thought something was wrong with Ella's left foot. Possibly club foot. It looked turned in on the ultrasound and every time it never changed. It was hard not to envision what life would be like if that were the case, but everything else was perfectly healthy- so we considered ourselves lucky. When she was born, definitely no club foot! Just how Ella was positioned in the womb. Praise The Lord! 

Fast forward 2 months later... Ella favors one side of her head. Which is becoming evident in the shape of her skull. She prefers to lay a certain way. I worried or may be torticollis- which I had. I have also noticed her muscle tone is rock solid. There is no flopping her around. She tends to not straighten her legs out. With those symptoms- I took to google! Not my smartest move. I had made the pediatrician aware of my concerns and she said we would watch Ella's head for anything worsening but she didn't feel he muscular knot that goes along with torticollis- but she could do a birth to 3 referral if we thought necessary. Well after reading googles diagnosis- of cerebral palsey. I said yes! I am currently awaiting a call from them, but I'm freaking out. Peds said she noticed her increased muscle tone but didn't think it was CP. I'm praying for my little Ella until we can get answers. She has several of the risk factors which scare me. 

You can especially see her legs bent in this one..

My poor sweet Ella! 

No comments:

Post a Comment