HTML

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Who Are You? Part 2

So I'm totally not doing this correctly as I'm sure there are specific days and "link ups" but its just all in fun for me! 

What are your 5 greatest accomplishments?

1) Hanging onto the best guy around! I am truly super blessed and lucky with this one! Even though he jokes that I knew I couldn't do any better than him, but I guess he is right! But same goes for him!!! 

2) Putting my/our faith in God during our infertility treatments. I felt like I was at the end of our rope during that last month. I knew IUI was our next step and felt that I knew my body, through God, could do it with just medication and monitoring! & he delivered! 

3) Getting into X-ray school, finishing & graduating 4th in my class! I never imagined how difficult the classes would be. Let alone trying to manage clinic, a boyfriend/fiancĂ© and working 32 hours a week at the pharmacy. 

4) Working up until this point! My last day of work was yesterday! At 36 weeks 3 days! I made it! Carrying two babies and working full time- 12 hour shifts! It was the first thing I prayed for (after praying for Baby B to grow) that I would be able to provide and work up until the end! 

5) Yet to come.... I'm thinking next week! 

How did you feel the moment you became a parent? 

Well since I haven't officially have birth... T minus one week.. I can't truly answer this. However, I can say when we found out we were pregnant (2nd time). We found out on Christmas Day! I mean- how cool is that?! I got up and tested prob around 5ish.. Then went back to bed. I think we woke up around 8 or so and I had hid the test in the closet in case Andrew got up before me. I checked half pretending like it was negative but my entire being praying it was positive. The two darkest lines I ever saw! I couldn't believe even after it sat "after the window" at how dark it was! 

On a dollar tree test no less! I ran in, but it in his stocking and tried to set up my phone to record it. Of course- major fail. I told him I had one thing left for him in his stocking. He reached down to the very bottom and pulled this out! We were both in shock but didn't want to believe it until we got our betas done. Little did we know it would be 898! A far cry from the 75 we had in July! 

Describe 3 significant childhood memories. 

1) Christmas Eve Pajamas. Probably is the most profound memory and tradition that I cannot wait to carry on to my kids! Every year we were allowed to open up one gift on Christmas Eve, it was always majically Christmas Eve Pajamas for us to wear that night! We looked forward to it every year. My momma did mess up one year and marked the wrong package and we opened up jeans. My sister was hysterical, but my mom didn't budge and no Christmas Eve pjs that year! 

2) Our Summers- we had an in ground pool so our house was pretty awesome. My cousin Tera was over almost every Sunday. My grandmas neighbors came over during the week, and if we weren't swimming- you could find us fishing, playing badmitton, kickball, dodgeball or volleyball. My parents always made sure we had activities to do and other kids to so them with! I know it's a general memory but we were super blessed in that aspect! We never had to worry how we were going to spend our time! 

3) Family Dinner at my Grandma Perrones- (Dads side of the family) we never get together now- so the memories I have I cherish. Playing in the creek, swinging at the barn, playing hide and seek and grandmas bedroom or just hanging out in her library! Seriously those days/evenings were the best! I need to make sure Ella and Bria have memories like these with her family as well, especially since she has more older cousins than ones her age! 

These are her cousins on Daddy's side: Trey- just graduated high school and is attending college and WVU this fall. Alyssa is now a senior in high school! & Ashlyn is 10 and is starting middle school! Thankfully, their momma got a HUGE surprise at 38 and is now about 13/14 weeks pregnant with a little girl and Ella and Bria will definitely be close to her! 

And of course, the girls will always have Kayleigh! I see a relationship like us girls had with Tera to form between Kay, Ella and Bria! 


No comments:

Post a Comment