HTML

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Stay @ Home Vaca!

So- I had some,,,, well A LOT of vacation time to use before I "lost" it at work. Thankfully my office manager is awesome and let roll half of it over for my maternity leave and I am able to take some time off before and after my shower- which is this freaking weekend! Wahoo!!! I am officially on vacation! 

Day 1- work ended at 130pm! Met my amazing father in law at Walmart and picked up our 2nd crib- long story short- I'm all about re-using old furniture and we were offered a white crib from his cousin when we first found out it was twins (we already had one set of everything) so we said yes! My hubby picked it up on Memorial Day. It was beyond repair! So new crib and mattress shopping- check! 

Came home- tried to out up said crib! 2 hours later and 6 tries later- it's only halfway finished! The directions weren't the best, not everything was labeled but I do want to point out I said numerous times- this doesn't look right, but nevertheless. We had to stop because it was our nephews HiGH SCHOOL graduation. I'm still in shock and I've only been in this family 7 years. I remember watching Trey's youth league baseball and basketball games, then middle school basketball games, then all of the sudden turned into this adult. A young man with a job, interning at NASA for Pete's sake!!!, having a steady girlfriend and realizing- this was my husband. Trey is Andrews mini me! (He's not that mini just a few inches shorter than Andrew, but they are alike in so many ways!!) not to mention, everyone thinks he looks like he could be Andrew's son! If Andrew were able to father children at the tender age of 8, but anyways! 

I'm honestly surprised my husband didn't cry. It may have been the lack of air supply, sweating, and leg room that kept him occupied, who knows. It is kind of sad knowing our spontaneous bon fires, game nights, and tennis matches will probably be no more as Trey moves into the dorms at WVU, but we are honestly so proud of him! 

I totally didn't intend this post to take this turn, I had other ideas for it- but oh well! 

Vaca Day 2 (today)- wake up bright and early to drink flat, super flat orange pop. Okay, it's not orange pop. The awesome amazing drink that spikes your blood sugar up- that one. In all honesty, the first swig wasn't that bad but when I realized I had so much more to drink... I was over it. I currently have some sort of cough/ sore throat thing going on and coughing leads to gagging which leads to puking. I thought for sure I was a goner... But--- I made it! Yay! So- now I just hope that I DON'T hear from my Dr office, since apparently if they don't contact you- that's a good thing! I got a mini ultrasound, I'm saying mini because the machine is from the 1970s.. It may be the first one ever made- not sure yet.. And we can see, barely, that baby A is in her way head down! Say what?! 


Yes, head down! I cannot wait until my next real ultrasound to check on her little feet! My dr did do a little digging and found her feet and said nothing looked obvious to her- so fingers crossed! Currently, I should be cleaning- but--- I'm pulling one of these 

He's such a bad influence ;) 


No comments:

Post a Comment