HTML

Monday, November 30, 2015

#joliesnonexistentnursery

I am Type A. 

I'll be the first to admit it.

So, naturally, I'm a planner. 

This baby currently doesn't have a room. 

& part of me is dying inside!

I've had ideas of her nursery for a while and things are starting to come together. I've ordered some things from good ol China that I think will tie the room together. Gold circles for the walls, butterflies, a few vases and jars, etc. 

I picked up the jars at Goodwill, I initially thought I would use them in my kitchen, but after contemplating,I thought they would look cute filled with hair bows and headbands.

I wanted to in corporate all the nursery colors in one. Done.

Now, I've been working on the crib. Of course, I forgot to take a before picture. 
But there's just started 


& one coat of paint for all. 

It's Annie Sloan chalk paint, so I'm hoping it pans out like all the blogs I've been researching. I've worked the past 3 out of 4 days, and then our garage is filled with junk until we make a dump
Run so I'm hoping to do a 2nd coat come Friday night. Fingers crossed. I want to say tomorrow, but I plan on taking some Christmas pictures for my sister and want to get a little crafty for that.. Then Thursday I should really edit them. 

Speaking of pictures, we got ours done at a tree farm! Im super pumped about seeing them because as always Stacey was wonderful even though it was cold!! A crisp 45 and wind chill factor made it seem colder. The girls eventually warmed up. & I think they got some awesome shots! I'm dying to see! 

Before: 
After: 

 & also life update:

We are officially an Elf family! 
I asked the girls what to name him. Bria mumbled something which I thought  was Cuddles. I said "Cuddles?" And she said no. Andrew said "Carlos?" And she said yes. So, Ella chimed in- No, it's Baby Carlos. 

Ok.

The next day she called him Tacos. So I'm questioning if it was Tacos all along. We may never know. They eagerly look for him every morning and it's hysterical! They always say "Whatcha doing up there?" So far, we've only hid him in high places so the girls definitely don't touch him. Would hate to lose the magic already! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment