HTML

Sunday, March 23, 2014

Diaper Duty! [Review]

Clearly, we have changed and used our fair share of diapers. I mean- at one point one box of pampers newborn count 126 lasted us about 6-7 days. Maybe less. So we have tried almost ever single kind! (We have NOT tried Walmarts brand or Sams brand)

Walmarts brand we only had one or two packages so we just easily exchanged them. SAMs brand starts at a 3 I believe and we just transitioned to a 3! I would actually be interested in trying them & hearing any reviews! 

1) Pampers: 
-  Swaddlers: hands down our favorite. We have NEVER had a leak, pee wise, now blowouts aren't common, but I don't think any diaper could hold them all in, especially if they are in their jumpers- it has no place to go but up. These are our favorite especially as first time parents to newborn twins, we could easily check to see if they were "wet" by the wetness indicator line on the front to see if that's why they are fussy. It was quick and easy to see if the line was blue or did we just need to feed them. They pee so little  as newborns they are the squishy diapers that we can so easily feel now. We have used them in all sizes, including preemie and haven't had any issues. I did feel like the newborn and preemie were almost the exact same size and there was a 2 lb size difference between  the girls so we truly needed a smaller preemie, but we live In a small town with a small walmart so we took what we could get! The diapers were a bit thick to fold down as to not cover their belly button. However, I definitely recommend the swaddlers to newborns! (We still love them in a size 3) 
    Price:: (size 3 economy box) $0.28 cents per diaper
-Baby Dry: I believe we started using these at size 2. They started sleeping longer through the night and we didn't want them to wake up due to a pee diaper! I can tell a difference for long term coverage with these and any other. They seem to absorb better with the large amount through the night. We received a lot of our diapers from our shower and we didn't have any newborn or preemie sizes so I can't comment on those but they are more for 10-12 hours a night, I can't imagine they would be needed any younger. We love these as well. 
    Price: (size 3- economy box) $0.22 cents per diaper

2) Huggies - I can't remember what brand we used when they girls were newborns, maybe the snugglers? But we hated them! I was so mad- everytime I put a huggies diaper on them- they leaked.  I threw them all out. The only thing I couldn't think of, which I have since seen as complaints upon research, is that- they are more for chunkier legged babes, than our skinny minis! That theory would make sense, as we have used them in a size 2, and did not have that problem. We don't want to risk wasting our money on them so we don't even buy them or of we exchange we get another brand. I am cheapie, as much as I can be with twins, so we don't waste our money. I have heard good reviews on them- how these were the only diapers their baby/babies could wear so I think it just depends. I wish we could wear them- they are about $2.00 cheaper per small pack and about $7.00 cheaper per box than our faves- pampers swaddlers!
    Price: (size 3 economy box) $0.21
Per diaper.  

3) Luvs-
I am cheap, but I heard how Luvs broke some babies out because they felt more plastic-y than others. I can see how try think that, but we have thankfully not had that issue! We did not try these in newborn, so I'm not sure about the coverage for those, but have used them in sizes 1,2,3! We love them. We probably more so like the price, my husband misses the wetness indicator. However, at this point- you can easily physically feel if they are a little wet or not. So we just change them! If we return or exchange diapers we automatically buy the Luvs now. It's a no brainer- Walmart is so convenient and they are the much cheaper alternative. I was apprehensive to try them but when you go through 20-30 diapers a day- a little convienet wetness indicator is not going to be the deciding factor anymore!! 
    Price: (size 3, box) $0.17-0.18 cent per diaper

4) Target Brand- the ONLY reason we tried these was because of a $15 off $40 Up and Up brand item coupon. I am SO GLAD we did!  They have great coverage- I think we actually like them better than the Luvs. They are softer than the Luvs- much like pampers! No rashes, or leaks or even blowouts! We only purchased a size 3- so I'm not sure how the other sizes are fitted. But I LOVE the elastic back! My little niece- wears only pampers swaddlers and everything she bends over it's a crack attack, but it's okay because she's one and it's still cute! However, these little gems are elastic and I have a feeling to won't be able to see any crack once the girls get older! By far/ my favrotire generic brand purchase (besides Deals- Buttaid (generic buttpaste/destin).. 
   Price: size 3 big box:: We got size 3 diapers 180 ct- 28.99 for 25.99 X 2= Roughly $52. Without the coupon you pay $0.14 cents each. An awesome deal. With coupon you are only paying 0.10 cents each!!!! Umm awesome!!!! 

We haven't tried dollar general or family dollar or anything like that. Targets good enough for me at this point! I am interested to see if anyone's used the SAMs brand though! I love a good deal and diapers make up 85% of our weekly garbage! 

Eventually I'll make up another most of generic baby items we love. 
Just say NO to Walmart wipes! Haha! 

Sporting our Pampers Swaddlers proudly! 

No comments:

Post a Comment