HTML

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Mom to 3.

This is sort of a life update about how it's going with 3 under 2.5... Because it's definitely different. 

I will say it- before Jolie got here & before I was pregnant- the girls were easy. I had everything figured out- our daily schedule to our weekly schedule. 
Mon/Tuesday- at moms
Wednesday- I was off. Every other week we did grocery shopping just us 3. Then the opposite week went out to a play place, or my sisters.
Thursday- my sister in law comes to the house while I go to work for either a full or half day. Depending. We usually went to the park or something that afternoon.
Friday- I was off. We did activities, went to my Mamaws for lunch every week. 

I swept everyday, did at least one load do dishes a day. I was making dinner every night. I had it figured out, losing weight. I wasn't the least bit afraid to take the girls anywhere. I could handle it. 



Fast forward to pregnancy- I was exhausted. I maybe did dishes once a week. Barely cooked. But still kept up with the girls- they took all my energy. 



Now, life with 3 is interesting. I don't have it all figured out. One trip out with all 3 will be fantastic. The next will be a nightmare, resulting in me carrying Ella like a football while pushing the buggy with Jolie in the bottom and Bria sitting up top. I haven't had to make a grocery trip by myself with all 3 and I'm dreading it.
The girls are 2.5 so we are in the trecnchea. And I mean that! Trenches!!! Of the terrible twos. I said knee deep but I my head is really barely getting air. They are hard. Everything is a fight, or tantrum. Everything. 

From what they want to take to bed, to what pjs they want to wear, to what bowl they eat cereal out of, to what clothes they wear for the day (especially Bria), to the toys they are playing with, whose turn it is to sit in the middle seat, to who gets to sit closest to Jolie on the floor, to the spoon they use for lunch, I mean the list goes on. & Ella can put up a good fight. She doesn't back down. It's her way or no way she thinks. & it usually results in a timeout in her room and even then she is defiant by throwing things, spitting, hitting. It's bad. 



Jolie has been a pretty good baby overall. 
She is super alert throughout the day. So it's days are spent rocking her to sleep because she's cranky, but she usually could care less if she actually goes to sleep. 

Nighttime sleep has been pretty amazing, since switching to sensitive formula,!86/ been such a difference. After switching, she was waking around 2/3, then again at 5/6 to eat. For 3-4 days she was waking at 5/6 and that's it! Last night was her first time back to 2 am wake up,
But I'm telling myself she didn't get much restful sleep the night before and that's why. She goes down around 10pm. If I can get her down at 9, & I got back to bed at 9, I can feel even better waking up at 5 to stay up for the day, since the bogs get up at 6am anyways. 


The days are long though, it's not easy with Andrew being gone, because he's  Not gone a normal work day. He is gone 7-6pm or even 7-4, then comes home until 5 only to leave again and do 5-10.. Unless school gets cancelled. I'm so solo pretty much all day everyday. & most weekends he has something. A game.. Or practice or even this Sunday some stupid all conference selection.. It just Ruins any plans and breaks up the weekend. 2 days isn't long enough for me to recover anyways, let alone for the weekend to be interrupted. I'm trying my hardest to be supportive but I'm not going to lie. It's not fun. Or healthy. I have a hair appointment Saturday and I've never been more excited in my life! 

But, these girls love me more than I've ever been loved and never want to see me leave or even go to the bathroom for Petes sake.  This is everything I wanted, I just need a little more grace and time to figure out a new groove for the 4!!!!! Of us! 


No comments:

Post a Comment